Monday, May 22, 2006

hmmm....yeah....

have you seen a picture of your heart?
I saw mine, all crusty around the edges, a few scars cut through it as well, the outsides all crispyfied like a really old chocolate covered donut. But it is there, that's a good thing I suppose, I won't be going tin-man on y'all for a while yet. But it's just sitting there, not moving, not beating, not bleeding, just sitting. And that's what scares me, its not beating, perhaps I'm not really alive. A bit of soul searching reveals that this might very well be so. Sure, I'm here, I can walk, talk, eat doritos, but am I truely living? What drives me from day to day, is it just that dying is really a pain in the butt? or is there something deeper, something beyond myself worth living for?
So, with all these thoughts whirling through my head, another voice popped in among the conversation.
"Your heart it's dry and crusty because you have made it so, it's not anyone else that's taken it and scared it and dryed it out through lack of use, it is you. You live out your life trying to avoid pain, avoid the bleeding and it has dried and no longer beats because of this. The less painful way is rarely the right way. The easy way is rarely the right way. My way is the right way.
You may bleed a little, or a lot following Me, but don't worry, I know what I am doing. I will make you heart beat strong within you, I will make you run with more passion then you could ever have on your own. I will make you go beyond what you can do, and into what I can do, and what I can do is limitless. If you want to live, follow me. If you don't want to be hurt, if you don't want pain, then die in your mediocrity.
Your heart is stale now, and only I can make it live again, but
it's not easy. It will hurt. You know this from when you've tried to find passion through something else. Your heart beats and all the dryness cracks and starts to bleed, your heart's beating again, but it doesn't last, it soon scabs over and drys again, leaving more scars then before. My way is different, I take your heart - I take all the scars, all the dryness, all the built up gunk surrounding it - and I reach through it all grab it with my claws and tear it all off of you. And then, when the shell is gone, when the blood has flowed, when everything that was hidden is torn into the light, I begin. I craft you a new heart, devoid of scars, or hurt, dryness. It still will bleed, but my love will cleanse the wounds. It will still hurt, but I will keep it beating through the pain.
You want to live? You want something bigger then yourself to drive you? I am bigger then any other thing. I will drive you when all else does not. Live for me. Let me drive your passion. And you will live, and live well."

No comments: