Friday, October 20, 2006

A song....in the style of staind...."I thought you said 'I love you' "

I thought you said 'I love you',
I guess I heard you wrong,
I thought that you would be true,
And I hadn't been led along,
I thought I heard you whisper,
Those nothings in my ear,
I never caught the adieu,
Until you were not here,

And I cry out in whispers,
Because I don't know what to say,
These tears, they do surround me,
I'll hide you from my shame,
You said you'd always be there,
Would always hold my hand,
Until the day you left me,
I thought you'd understand.

I thought you said 'I love you',
It must be my mistake,
I thought I watched as you grew,
Out of your past, and through its wake,
I thought that I'd read your mail,
Through the portal of your heart,
It seemed that you became new,
But you hadn't made a start,

(chorus)

I thought you said 'I love you',
I thought that you would be true,
I thought you'd finally break through,
But I never really knew...I never really knew....

No comments: